Saturday, October 10, 2009

160/120

160/120 my test scores.... nah!!!! how i wish...

i was feeling so weak during the past few days... i even skipped my chinese class this week since my body is glued to my bed.

yesterday...

as planned we went to eva's for dinner and while waiting for the others to arrive eva took her digital blood pressure monitor to check my blood pressure.. and crap.. it was 150ish/100ish... and she looked me at said "we're going to the hospital tomorrow."

i didn't enjoy the dinner, not that i didn't the like the food but i have to control myself.... it was hard... baby back ribs staring back at me... i hate hate hate it when i can't indulge.

and oh! i made carrot cake.. according them it's goood.. yey! another talent.

...today

eva picked me up and on my way downstairs i bumped with ginger and she decided to tag along.

my "moment" with the doctor didn't last long... here is our conversation (as i remembered)

dr: what can i do for you?
me: we checked my bp last night and the numbers were high.
dr: are you feeling sick?
me: yes... feeling dizzy...

the nurse took my bp and when she said 160/120, our faces dropped and there was silence...

my face went blank... and it took me 30 seconds to collect myself and listen to what trhe doctor was saying...

your blood pressure is really high for your age... try sleeping early, don't stress yourself and low soduim diet. check your blood pressure every morning and drink this medicine-norvasc . he also handed my score sheet to keep track of my blood pressure.

as we made our way out to dr. wei's eva confronted me and told me that my condition (my diastolic is high) is something that is something "seriuos" and shouldn't be disregarded...

i need to have a eating lifestyle overhaule.

no more...
  1. mcdonald's and other fastfoods
  2. coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  3. spam and the likes
  4. sleepless nights
  5. stress... stress.. stress..
and the list goes on and on.....

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

no more mcdonald's? it's going to be hard, especially because their french fries is good! :)

Anyhow, if you always smile, it will really help relieve stress :)

crisci said...

i know i know... and i have to admit it's really hard. the other day my friend came to class with a take-out, am tempted to "steal" it and run away... whahahahaha.

yes, thanks for the tip. am actually "under" the spell of stress.. school deadline.