Friday, June 19, 2009

summer thoughts

whew!i survived another semester... summmmmmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrrrr vacation!!!!

as soon as i started working years ago i haven't had or used the term summer vacation... so now i love love the term and the fact that i'd be having one. cheers!

i really wouldn't have much of bumming around moments since i'd be starting my internship by july 1... not that am complaining.. to be honest i miss working and the peeps at 9th flr. and "our" adopted crew.

anyhooooooo..

aside from commuting almost everyday (taoyuan to tienmu,taipei) and be an office slave once again... i have gazillion things that i wanna do but i guess i need to narrow it down so its not just gonna be my "wannabe" list.

well, yesterday was good start. i got to be outside outside taipei for the first time. good thing i can stand being on a train for a long time. thanks to my previous trips to indonesia (jakarta-yogyakarta) and thailand (bangkok-to samui) that made me sat on a train for like more or less 13 hrs doing anything juist for me not to go mental..and yes, i survived. so i guess i wouldn't have to take HSR, which is very expensive, if id go around, unless am really press for time.

been here almost a year and i have to admit my chinese is poor... and am not proud of it. my business chinese last semester did helped me but i have to exert more effort. the hardest part in learning the language is the characters. i mean i think i can easily pick up some words and can construct sentences but the characters... ughhh. but yeah, no more excuses.. i should learn! yey! melissa will be tutoring me this summer since she's not going back to taichung. thanks melissa!!!

after sorting some papers, i just realized how much trees i have killed, but hey i can't read an article online it's because of my eyes...so i don't have any choice but to print them. uhmm... most of the files were printed back to back so i wouldn't feel as guilty.

well, i thought this summer would be "non-academic" in nature, where i can read the books that i like, be online just because. and no deadlines... but nah!!! i have/need to read and collect materials for my thesis.. waaaaaaaaa!

No comments: